San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is dedicated to promoting
excellence in research, education and care for all at
San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation (SFGHF) was founded in 1994, by a dedicated core group of eight that evolved into the first Board of Directors; the Foundation now has 30 directors that are responsible for raising and providing support for the Hospital.
The money raised by the Foundation underwrites continued investment in support of an array of programs and services at the Hospital. Some of the programs and services for which the Foundation has sought support are the following:
- Emergency and trauma care and support,
- HIV/AIDS services and treatment,
- Women's health initiatives,
- Substance abuse treatment and prevention programs, and
- Volunteer programs at the Hospital.
For more information about the San Francisco General Hospital Foundation call 415.206.4478.