Caring for Lives the Community
The San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation that provides fund-raising support for San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center.
The Foundation depends on the generosity of individuals, families, corporations and foundations to ensure that SFGH can continue to provide high quality patient care, and pursue medical research and education.
You can make a secure online donation to San Francisco General Hospital Foundation by clicking here.
If you prefer, you can mail or phone in a tax-deductible contribution to:San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
2789 25th Street, Suite 2028 San Francisco, CA 94110
Tax ID # 94-3189424
The San Francisco General Hospital Foundation also accepts gifts of stock, which are also tax-deductible and may not be assessed capital gains tax. Please contact the Foundation to find out how to give stock.
The cumulative effect of all gifts, both large and small, is significant. The most valuable gifts to the Foundation are those that are unrestricted. Such gifts allow us to make the most effectively leverage our resources, helping meet the hospital's current needs and priorities.
There are many needs to be met and the following is a list of some of them:
- Asthma Clinic
- Avon Foundation Comprehensive Breast Center
- Bay Area Perinatal AIDS Center
- Cancer Awareness Resources and Education (CARE)
- Cardiology Fund
- Center for the Study of the Health and Health Care of Vulnerable Populations
- Department of Psychiatry Prevocational Employment Program
- Education and Outreach Services
- Greatest Needs Fund
- HIV/AIDS Care
- Neurotrauma Fund
- Orthopaedics Trauma Center of Excellence
- Patient Education
- Reach Out And Read
- The Child and Adolescent Sexual Abuse Resource Center
- Trauma Recovery Program
- Volunteers to San Francisco General Hospital
- Women's Option Center
Donors interested in making a significant contribution for building construction, renovation, or to endowments may wish to consider one of the following:
- Hospital Lobby refurbishing
- Air medical access project
- Hospital replacement project
- San Francisco General Hospital Foundation Endowment
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center Endowed Chairs
For additional information on these and other program areas, please contact us at 415.206.4478.