Giving Life to the Community
Michael Gregory was born in Los Angeles in 1955. He received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the San Francisco Art Institute. He resides in Bolinas, California with his wife and daughters.
His work is included in the collections of the Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington; Denver Art Museum, Colorado; Evansville Museum of Arts, Science and History, Indiana; and numerous private collections.
He was Martha and Merritt deJong Memorial Artist-in-Residence, Evansville Museum of Arts, Science and History, Indiana, in 2003.
Gallery representation: John Berggruen Gallery, San Francisco - next solo exhibition 9/2004; Nancy Hoffman Gallery, New York; Gail Severn Gallery, Sun Valley, Idaho - showing 2/2005.
The artist's work has also been shown at:
- The Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock
- Boulder Center for the Visual Arts, Colorado
- The Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio
- California College of Arts and Crafts, Oakland
- Center for the Arts, Vero Beach, Florida
- Evansville Museum of Arts, Science and History, Indiana
- Fine Arts Center Galleries, University of Rhode Island, Kingston
- The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, California
- Flint Institute of Arts, Michigan
- Florida International University, Miami
- Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Maier Museum of Art, Randolph-Macon Woman's College, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Richmond Art Center, California
- San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery, California
- San Francisco Art Institute
- San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, California
- San Mateo Arts Council, California
- Selby Gallery, Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida